It is time to engage your child in conversation about the new school year.
- Begin with reminding your child of the positive experiences and successes that were previously achieved.
- Brainstorm with your child some ways this new school year can become even better.
- Explain how you will be working as a team, along with his/her teacher.
- Begin to adjust bed time schedules for going to bed and getting up.
- Stay informed regarding: transportation issues, shots needed, school & room assignments, materials & supplies.
- Remember, learning is contagious. Keep an upbeat attitude!