It’s a new school year! What is your child’s attitude towards school?
Positive children are the result of confident parenting skills. These skills are learned, practiced and shared. Here are a few tips to prepare for a productive school year.
- Companionship time with parents and family members to form a strong bond of attachment to feel accepted, and to promote health and well-being.
- Examples and opportunities to feel positive emotions by being in relationships where there is love, caring, security, support and friendship.
- Adult mentors and teachers who engage them in many ways.
- To be held accountable with consequences for their actions.
- Good work habits learned at home.
- To learn to feel useful and significant.
- To be treated with support by adults and peers, and not excluded or rejected.
- To discover, develop, and improve their abilities.
- To learn to use their abilities to help others.
- A sense of conscience. A firm understanding of morality vs. immorality.
- An expectation to excel.