Prepare your child for a successful school year by starting
with the following tips children can perform:
- Set daily goals that require “small steps”.
- Instead of saying I want to do…, say I will…
- Keep a daily diary of successes.
- Use positive self talk words for encouragement.
- Work together as a team. (parent, child, teacher)
- Teach your child that the brain is like a muscle. The more you use it the more it changes and becomes stronger.
- Help your child to develop a growth mindset, rather than a fixed mindset.
Children need to see that struggling in a subject or even failure is an “opportunity” for growth and a new learning experience. The key is persistence. For persistence pays off
and persistence provides power. If you want your child to accomplish anything, help him learn to persist like a champion.
- Taken from “Think Like a Champion” program currently being offered to groups and individuals. (www.championparenting.com)