I have been in the child development business to know the importance of family time. Children love and need the uninterrupted time and attention parents can give to them. And in today’s world, family time can be very challenging.
Making the time to be actively involved with your child is indeed a worthwhile investment! After all, “Parenting is 90 percent connection, 10 percent guidance,” says Laura Markham, Ph.D., author of ‘Peaceful Parent, Happy Kid”.
With summer vacation right around the corner, here are 10 simple ways to make summer terrific.
1. Sit down with all family members to discuss family and individual goals for this
2. Research community activities, events, and summer camps that are being offered.
3. Together, select one new learning activity and one fun activity that
your child could benefit from attending.
4. Assign each child one weekend to come up with his ideas for family fun.
5. Take a road trip to a new destination, visit zoos, museums, & national parks.
6. Engage in a physical activity that everyone can participate, such as biking.
7. Get outdoors and plan a picnic, campfire, or movie night.
8. Have everyone select a new book to read this summer.
9. Start a vegetable or flower garden.
10. Prepare the back yard up with fun activities such as badminton, volleyball, horse shoes, cricket, etc.
Summer break is a special time for relaxation and renewal. Some of the best fun can be simple and spontaneous. Just remember, great ideas still need change, adaptation, and modification in order to succeed. Work as a team and enjoy your time together for the memories you create will last a life time!
http://www.championparenting.com/Building Leaders for life